Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Not much happened

Not much happened today. Or yesterday. I had an intake today that didn't know why she was sent to our program, as her DV happened in 1995 and her abuser is dead. She stated that she really needed help with anxiety and depression. That's not really our specialty so I had to send her someone else.

Another person called on the phone. I couldn't help her because we're full. That's the worst feeling in the world. Turning someone away because we don't have the space, staff, money. I wish DV had more money. More programs, more solutions, more publicity, and not just the "Man kills wife and kids, live at 11" kind. The kind where we tell people that a relationship shouldn't be controlling and violent, and that abused people can go on to live wonderful lives.

That would be awesome.

I need to get on tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment