Friday, March 18, 2011

I Always Take My Work Home With Me

It is a Friday night. I don't work weekends, and yet, I can't get away from my work. Right now Ike and Tina is on VH1. I don't know why I'm watching it; it's making me feel physically ill. But yet, I cannot turn it off. But this post isn't about that, this is an introductory post, and I'm already off topic.

I work as a Domestic Violence Case Manager/Group Facilitator for a non profit Domestic Violence Council somewhere in the United States. My main goal is to educate. My clients are women and men that have been, or are currently in, violent relationships. I attempt to teach them how to recognize the signs of violent people, how to find themselves, and how to not repeat the cycle of violence. This in itself is a daunting, seemingly impossible task. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes people don't want my help, sometimes they are beyond help. Sometimes there's nothing I can do to help, and that is the hardest.

The purpose of this blog is twofold; to be a cathartic release for me, and hopefully a source of education for you. I promise it'll get more interesting in the future. Hell, in the next post even. Stick with me, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment