Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I miss my group

My intake from yesterday didn't show up today. I'm not sure what happened, but I hope she calls me back so we can finish. And I hope that she's ok.

I may have mentioned before that Wednesday group used to be my group. I wish it still was my group. I inherited it from a previous coworker that was awesome, and as such his group was pretty awesome too. They soon became my group and we got on fabulously. Because of new employees and the training schedule I've had to give up my Wednesday group to someone else, for the time being. Its hard to do. It really is like giving up a prized possession; like your favorite comic book, or the quilt your grandmother made, or the shell you picked up on the beach with your significant other during a perfect beach day. It hurts.

It hurts more when they tell you they miss you, and are angry about the change. And isn't there anything I can do? Which quickly turns into, “What other days do you teach, can I come to one of those groups?” It would be easier if the person that has taken my group was well qualified to do so. But she's new, lacks training and unfortunately empathy and understanding. And there really isn't much I can do about that, as much as I want to.

All I can do is tell them to be honest on facilitator evaluations, and to bring any concerns they have to my supervisor.

My patience also lacks when the new facilitator of my group tells me that my clients are giving her “attitude” and being “disrespectful”, when the reality is that they are scared, confused, and upset over the sudden change. The fact that this facilitator doesn't understand this worries me. And I hope that someone else catches on to it as well, before something goes wrong.

I miss Wednesday group, but I hope they know that I'll always be there for them if they need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment